17 May 2013

Atlantic hurricane season 2013: What’s new and what should we expect?

For a second year, the Capital Weather Gang at the Washington Post has invited me to be their "tropical weather expert" to blog about... tropical weather!  The majority of my focus is on tropical storms and hurricanes in the Atlantic basin, with a particular emphasis on potential landfalling storms.  It's a privilege to be part of such a great group of weather enthusiasts and experts (meet the gang)!

Today's introductory post on the upcoming hurricane season can be found on the Capital Weather Gang blog.



For the benefit of new readers this year, you can learn more about me and what I do on my website.  I need to thank the University of Miami's Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science (RSMAS) for their support of this blog and encouraging public outreach.


No comments:

Post a Comment